Ashrama

The abode of peace, serenity and divinity!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

The 'nasty religious' crowd

How does god accept this "nasty religious crowd"? By nasty, I don't intend to mock at their religious sentiments or behaviour but I completely mock at their social behaviour. This question was in my mind everytime I went to temples, especially crowded ones like Tirupathi and was reverberating strongly in my mind when I was standing in queue, when I had gone to Shirdi in April this year.

By nasty, I mean the impolite, rustic devotees who don't mind jumping lines or pushing the queue with the sole intention of seeing god before everyone else, before all the other law-abiding citizens who are standing for hours or days in the queue!! This was the primary reason I stopped going to temples (the other being an inclination to atheism :) ) but Shirdi was not something to be missed, I was told. I literally cursed everyone, when I stood in the queue, even went to the extent of thinking that I should have never set foot there. Baba, nothing to curse you, but everything to do with your nasty, so-called religious follwers!! Why don't you do something about them?

Will god be pleased with this pathetic behaviour of 'q' jumpers who are braving all odds and civic senses to meet him or will he admonish such ruthless jumpers who are depriving the rights of other law abiding citizens waiting patiently in line to see god? GOD ONLY KNOWS!!!