Ashrama

The abode of peace, serenity and divinity!

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Where do you go?

I dedicate this post to the two great Economists Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner for their commending book "Freakonomics". And now,I follow suit and do some analysis about "Where do they go?" when everyone roams around in the streets!!
Assuming there are 950 women for every 1000 man in India, if we go out to shopping, theatre, jogging, beach etc, we would go crazy! Are there 950 women for every 1000 men or are there only 200 - 300 women per 1000 men?
Ok, Let me exclude around 250 women for they have to manage households. And then what about the remaining 600 - 700 women?
When I roam in streets, I find 3/4ths more men than women. When I go to cinemas, I find 1/2 more men as women. Seriously, Where do they do? I wish I could sing "Where do you, where do you, where do you go, Oh my lovely."
I blame the TV channels which get women glued on to seats, at least more than men! SUN Music's constant blabbers, Jassis and Ghar Ghar ki Kahanis, Sun's own Metti Oli, Manaivi bla bla get women glued to their seats and that may be a reason they don't roam out much in the streets! I can see some feminists crying on top of their voice that "Our cities are very unsafe for women to roam around" which I accept to a certain extent! But, that is not a reason to sit inside our homes and watch the idiot gadget. Come out, show your strength, nobody will dare to tease you!!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Soumyadip said…

    Fewer women on the road might be one of the reasons. Good thought.

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I raised a similar point about the relative scarcity in chennai when compared with delhi, but one guy in our group pointed out, "You may be looking in the wrong areas". May be you also can hear it :o)

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Balki Rangan said…

    yea..leaves me wondering..where the HECK are they???

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dei interestin analysis da.. try to come up with a solution to bring out the women.. that will be more helpfu.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home