Ashrama

The abode of peace, serenity and divinity!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Coorg and beyond...

I terribly needed that break!

A Weekend@Coorg was something that I was looking forward to, for a pretty long time, since I have heard many a times about the pristine hills, coffee estates and kodagu food and yes, my expectations were very much exceeded!!

Let me try to do some justice to my travel writing skills, if I have any [:)]

Hit the road from Bangalore to Madikeri (Capital of Coorg!) via Mysore on a friday night. I was very much excited since it was a trip after a very long time. So, We spent the night al together in vetti mokkai [useless talks] and ended up sleepless at Madikeri early in the morning at 5 AM! That earlier night, I was sleepless a whole night for the first time in my life [:) pat pat ]

Our stay was arranged in a guest house amidst thousands of acres of coffee plantations, an utopian house which we often dream of. There was an anthurium too from which they send flowers for decoration to as far as Bangalore, every day!
Our guest house (isn't that out of worldish?)


The cook there brewed us some fresh coffee "degree kapi eh?" which took us to the extent of slapping "Intoxicant" label on that coffee, for it had us all get addicted to it!!! After having a taste of "fresh-from-ground" we decided to take a stroll in the plantation, to rejuvenate our souls!


Nature, I bow down to thee!! - That is all I can say.. Flowers waiting to bloom as soon as they see some sunlight, woodpeckers pecking on trees making loud sounds (which couldn't be caught on any sound recorders that we had, such a peculiar sound!!), Very colourful flowers, so many insects, reptiles living in harmony with one another!!
Coffee flowers smelt eggjactly like Jasmine and thanks to the time we went for stroll, flowers just bloomed and we could see flowers with coffee bean. Probably this bean colour is what is kaapi color!


It was time for Sun to come out of the closet and that was evident by the activities in the flora and fauna. Chirping birds and blooming flowers welcomed him, The Lord Indra! A perfect instance for performing Surya Namaskar to honour Sun's rays falling on us:


The trails here literally lead to nowhere. But, forests rangers who have well mastered the routes, guide people around. The Anthurium is well-protected by tents to shield it from direct sun-light but still filtered light falls in, to guide in proper growth of the plants. World renowned Bangalore rose, may not after all be Bangalore, but Coorg Rose!!

Another variety of a mesmerising flower here:


The day that followed was spent in more realisations and mokkai talks. More in my following posts with more scintillating pics!

6 Comments:

  • At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey ..! Well narrated n hope u had a good time dude..!
    Am a coorg myself n it was quite pleasing to hear about my home town.. I hop eu get to visit coorg more often in the future...!
    Happy Tourin..!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fantastic. I get a refreshing feeling just by looking at those pics.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Could you tell me where you stayed, how much were the charges and how you booked the place? I am going to Coorg in another 3 dyas, but haven't yet been able to figure out where to stay.
    Thanks

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Venkat Ramanan said…

    Hey anonymous (3rd post)
    How do I tell you where I stayed etc, without knowing your email id or your blog? :-).
    Plz send me your email id. I shall give you a detailed reply.
    (In a thought that you will see this message again :-) )

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Venkat Ramanan said…

    And, Thanks a lot for the comments, anonymous (1st post) and VK!!

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Coorg said…

    coorg is the good hill station in karnataka. i trekked here many times and it's very nice feel. waterfalls, animal habitats, coorg is all in one i can say that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home